Please follow the rules and guidelines outlined below so all of us can have fun and keep safe all summer long.
RULES AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
BOAT STICKER PERMIT
- All boats/watercraft must display a valid Maintenance and Use Sticker Permit prior to launch or you are in violation of the rules and can be fined.
- All launch sites are required to check for valid seasons stickers permit prior to use. Please report all unauthorized boats.
BOATER SAFETY COURSES
- Illinois boaters born on or before January 1st, 1998 are required to possess a Boating Safety Card to operate a vessel.
- Classes are available online through the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- No wake hours are sunset to 9 am the following morning – no skiing or tubing prior to 9 am or after sunset.
- You can travel in either direction sailing or in the non-wake area at no wake speed.
- Powerboats must travel in counterclockwise direction in the wake area
- No cutting across the lake.
- Kayaks and rowboats should not be in the wake area during busy days.
- No wake within 200ft of swim buoy.
- Swimming “off a boat” is allowed within 150 feet of swim buoy.
- Any vessel towing passenger(s) must operate in the designated “Ski Lanes”, carry a competent spotter and display a bright orange flag.
- No more than 2 ropes per vessel and two riders are allowed at one time.
- Fallen skiers or other water-sport participants should hold up something (i.e. a hand or ski) to make them visible to an oncoming boat.
- When your towing passenger falls:
- First: Stop the boat, THEN idle a tight turn (counter-clockwise) and return to the fallen passenger.
- DO NOT make a wide turn.
- DO NOT turn back to the fallen passenger without slowing down.
- Be aware of all surrounding boats and individuals in the water.
- Leave 200ft or more between your boat and a boat you follow.
- Leave 50ft or more between your boat and a boat you pass if you are at a wake speed.
- LET UP ON THE THROTTLE IN ANY POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SITUATION
GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION
The State of Illinois Watercraft regulations will apply except when the village of Lake Zurich rules are more restrictive concerning the Lake in Lake Zurich, Illinois. The Village ordinances governing the Lake will be enforced by the Lake Zurich Police Department. It is the Lake user’s responsibility to know both the regulations and the ordinances. The ordinances can be found under the villages municipal code section 7 chapter 4:
It is the responsibility of all the sticker permit holders to adhere to theses LPOA, Local and State lake rules and safety guidelines. Should a lake guest not be aware of the rules, it is the responsibility of the sticker permit holder to advise them to these rules and safety guidelines. If problems occur, the Police Department should be notified.
Let’s have a FUN, SAFE boating season together!